Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

January 2011 already. I haven't posted since September! Time sure flies by fast. So today I will play a little catch up, as I anticipate the coming Spring!
I was really blessed with an abundance of bounty this year. I have canned, frozen, eaten so much and enjoyed every minute of it. Below are photographs of my bounty to include my prize giant Sunflower I grew this year.
For the upcoming year, I am so excited and have many ideas of new things that will share space in the garden. Currently I have sweet potatoes sleeping in their mound of straw and dirt, as well as Egyptian walking onions, and garlic. These will greet me early in the spring to kick off my 21 garden. I also have a goal to purchase a house with at least 5 acres of land to begin my own herb farm, that I can share with the public through education of how to use herbs, grow herbs, and love herbs!
Stay Warm!
Canned tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and home made Jalapeno hot sauce!
Just a little proud of this big sunflower! :)
Pesto and jalapeno jelly were some of the things I canned this year!



I may get even more adventurous and post my pictures of the garden in the snow. Which we have had tons of! Until then, sweet dreams of the Spring! ~












1 comment:

  1. Hi Gertie,

    Scotts LawnService has unveiled exciting news for all you lawn and garden enthusiasts!

    Scotts’ Water Smart Technology contains a patented new formulation that improves a lawn’s ability to absorb water and nutrients. It allows lawns to use the water they get more efficiently and also reduces runoff. Using Water Smart makes the watering you do more effective, helping to ensure a healthier lawn. For more information on Scotts new Water Smart Technology, check out http://yandlprclient.com/ScottsIPK.

    This new service from Scotts could not be coming at a better time! With spring right around the corner, homeowners will be searching for the best ways to keep their lawn looking healthy and fresh. We want your READERS to experience this new Water Smart Technology, so Scotts would like to offer one of them a full year of Scotts LawnService treatments!

    Does this sound like something your readers would be interested in? I look forward to hearing from you.

    Thank you,

    --
    Allie Ross
    Y&L PR
    w: 317-264-5872
    c: 317-627-9165

    407 North Fulton Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46202

    ReplyDelete